"Engage, empower, and challenge our students while letting them know they can and will succeed." Roadmap 2.0
What is Multilingual & Multicultural Services?
Multilingual & Multicultural Services works collaboratively across departments, and with school sites, to support the growth and development of West Contra Costa School District’s service to youth. Multilingual & Multicultural Services's goals are: increase access to multilingual programming; work to ensure graduates have the academic, linguistic, and social skills and competencies required for college and career; prepare them to fully participate in a globally diverse economy.
Some of the actions and activities to support those goals include:
- Professional development for teachers and leaders
- Coaching for teacher teams and leaders
- Multilingual programming including Mandarin and Spanish Immersion programs
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment development and guidance for English Learners and scholars enrolled in Dual Language Immersion
- Family and community engagement through Multilingual District Advisory Committee
- Testing and placement services for all incoming English Learners
- Translation Services
1108 Bissell Ave,
Richmond, CA 94801
Phone: (510) 307-4590
Chief Academic Officer, Associate Superintendent
Director of English Learner Achievment and Literacy
Teachers - Find resources on the Educational Resources for Staff page by signing in!