Welcome to the Special Education Department
Due to the state requirements and requirements of our transportation vendor First Student, bussing will not start until Wednesday, April 28. First Student will notify you about the pick-up and drop-off times. We apologize for the inconvenience. You may submit mileage reimbursement at the governement rate of 56 cents per mile to and from school until bussing starts. If you have questions, please contact Rosa Moreno at email@example.com. Thank you.
Extensive Support Needs Update and Town Hall.
Students with an IEP Attending a New School for 2020-2021 School Year:
If your student with an IEP will be attending a new school for the 2020-2021 school year, please register your student via the WCCUSD online registration process. This is for students moving age levels such as preschool to elementary, elementary to middle school, middle school to high school, and high school to transition. It is also for students who have had a change of placement through the IEP process. Click "HERE" for the WCCUSD online registration.
Estudiantes con un IEP que asistirán a una nueva escuela para el año escolar 2020-2021:
Si su estudiante con un IEP asistirá a una nueva escuela para el año escolar 2020-2021, por favor inscriba a su estudiante a través del proceso de inscripción en línea de WCCUSD. Esto es para estudiantes que cambian de nivel de edad, como preescolar a primaria, primaria a intermedia, intermedia a secundaria y secundaria a transición. También es para los estudiantes quienes han tenido un cambio de ubicación a través del proceso del IEP. Haga clic "AQUÍ" para el registro en línea de WCCUSD.
Return to School for Spring:
- The Townhall Video and slide deck in English
- The Mask Exemption Process
- Transportation Safety Protocols and Practices
- The COVID related social stories, including COVID testing English Spanish
- COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY GUIDE FOR STUDENTS AND FAMILIES 2021
Who to Contact:Transportation during spring 2021- for students with transportation listed as a service in their current IEP - Rosa Moreno
- Parent mileage reimbursement
- AC Transit Passes
- Bussing via First Student - to begin the week of April 26, 2021
- Request for Special Education Evaluation / Assessment - your school site psychologist or administrator- For additional needs, please contact
- Summer School - your student's school website or site principal
- Extended School Year - for students with ESY listed as a service in their current IEP - if you are interested in changing your registration based on the recent change back to full in person IEP services (rather than AM/PM cohort) - please contact your student's case manager, program specialist, or administrative support
- Steve Collins - Associate Superintendent of Student Services - Retired
Distance Learning Plan:
Community Information Section:
3000 Parker Road
Richmond, CA 94806
Office: (510) 307-4630
Fax: (510) 724-8829Meuy SaechaoSenior Administrative Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.orgFor Special Ed. records, please contact:Jennifer ManalangSpecial Education Records Clerkjmanalang@wccusd.net