"Engage, empower, and challenge our students while letting them know they can and will succeed." Roadmap 2.0
What is Multilingual & Multicultural Services?
Multilingual & Multicultural Services works collaboratively across departments, and with school sites, to support the growth and development of West Contra Costa School District’s service to youth. Multilingual & Multicultural Services's goals are: increase access to multilingual programming; work to ensure graduates have the academic, linguistic, and social skills and competencies required for college and career; prepare them to fully participate in a globally diverse economy.
Some of the actions and activities to support those goals include:
- Professional development for teachers and leaders
- Coaching for teacher teams and leaders
- Multilingual programming including Mandarin and Spanish Immersion programs
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment development and guidance for English Learners and scholars enrolled in Dual Language Immersion
- Family and community engagement through Multilingual District Advisory Committee
- Testing and placement services for all incoming English Learners
- Translation Services
1108 Bissell Ave,
Richmond, CA 94801
Phone: (510) 307-4662
Gracie Guerrero, Ed.D.,
Chief Academic Officer, Associate Superintendent
Interested in Dual Language education? If so, the WCCUSD community needs your help and input. Are you the parent/family member of a DLI student? Or are you DLI teacher? Then join us for a virtual informational meeting to learn about the DLI Advisory Committee.
Please email Chief Academic Officer Gracie Guerrero (email@example.com) to find out more details, including date and time of the virtual meeting.
Teachers - Find resources on the Educational Resources for Staff page by signing in!