English Learner & Multilingual Achievement Office
"Engage, empower, and challenge our students while letting them know they can and will succeed." Roadmap 2.0
What are English Learner (EL) & Multilingual (ML) Services?
The ELML Achievement Office works collaboratively across departments, and with school sites, to support the growth and development of West Contra Costa School District’s service to youth. The ELML Achievement Office goals are: increase access to multilingual programming; work to ensure graduates have the academic, linguistic, and social skills and competencies required for college and career; prepare them to fully participate in a globally diverse economy.
Some of the actions and activities to support those goals include:
- Professional development for teachers and leaders
- Coaching for teacher teams and leaders
- Multilingual programming including Mandarin and Spanish Immersion programs
- Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment development and guidance for English Learners and scholars enrolled in Dual Language Immersion
- Family and community engagement through Multilingual District Advisory Committee (MDAC)
- Testing and placement services for all incoming English Learners
- Translation Services
1108 Bissell Ave,
Richmond, CA 94801
Phone: (510) 307-4590
Director of English Learner & Multilingual Achievement
Chief Academic Officer, Associate Superintendent
Teachers - Find resources on the Educational Resources for Staff page by signing in!