The West Contra Costa Unified School District Redistricting Commission is an independent body tasked with analyzing the 2020 Census Data and reviewing and possibly revising the Trustee Area boundaries for the 2022 elections for the Board of Education. The commission, authorized by California Elections Code sections 23000 - 23003, consists of seven members representing each of the five trustee areas and two members who are residents of Contra Costa County but live outside of the district boundaries. Commission members were selected by senior inactive US District Judge, Thelton Henderson. The commission was formed pursuant to the Stipulation and Judgment in the Ruiz-Lozito v. West Contra Costa Unified School District California Voting Rights Act lawsuit; the Stipulation and Judgment are available here.
WCCUSD’s Independent Redistricting Commission Seeks Applicants for Trustee Area 2 Commissioner Seat
WCCUSD's Independent Redistricting Commission Seeks Request for Statement of Qualifications and Proposal for Demographer Services
Interested firms should apply by September 9, 2021. More information is available here.
TRUSTEE AREA 3 COMMISSIONER SEAT FILLED.
Please welcome Diana Diaz-Noriega to the Redistricting Commission. Diana was selected by Judge Thelton Henderson to represent Trustee Area on the Commission. Diana is expected to attend her first meeting as the Trustee Area 3 Commissioner on July 27, 2021.
Thank you to those that applied and helped share the news about the opening.
Redistricting Commission Meetings and Agendas
The Commission meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. via Zoom.
https://wccusd.zoom.us/j/97856231995, or 1-669-900-6833, ID: 97856231995#
- Commission meeting for Tuesday, September 14: Agenda is here | Meeting Recording is here | Chat Transcript
- The Commission's next meeting for Tuesday, August 31: Agenda is here | Meeting Recording is here | Chat Transcript
- The Commission meeting for Tuesday, August 24 IS POSTPONED UNTIL TUESDAY, AUGUST 31
- Commission meeting for Tuesday, August 10 | Agenda (Updated August 9 to add original RFP) Meeting Recording is here | No Chat Transcript Provided
- Commission meeting for Tuesday, July 27: Agenda is here | Meeting Recording is here | Chat Transcript
- Commission meeting for Tuesday, July 13: Agenda is here | Meeting Recording is here | Chat Transcript
- Commission meeting for Tuesday, June 29: Agenda is here |. Meeting Recording is here | Chat Transcript
- Commission meeting for Wednesday, June 2: Agenda is here. Meeting Recording is here |Chat Transcript
Contact the Commissioners
COMMUNICATIONS WITH WCCUSD TRUSTEES
The Commission has adopted a policy to require that any communication between a Commissioner and an existing WCCUSD Trustee will be put in writing and made available to the public. The Commission's adoption of its policy can be viewed here (starting at 1:22:25). Pursuant to that policy, the following communications have been disclosed.