English Language Arts & Literacy - Secondary
Strong instruction in English Language Arts and Literacy across all content areas enables students to become articulate speakers, responsive listeners, skillful readers and writers, and resourceful problem solvers who are prepared to be contributing members of our democratic society.
Our goal is to support high quality ELA/Literacy instruction in all K-12 classes in WCCUSD. The resources on this site are provided to enhance CA Standards-aligned, effective, and engaging instruction. The Common Core State Standards Initiative offers a portrait of the capacities students need in order to be College and Career Ready (CCR) in Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening.
These CCR competencies inform our goal that all WCCUSD students will:
- demonstrate independence and strong content knowledge in reading and writing
- adapt their communication style to audience and purpose
- be discerning readers and listeners
- comprehend as well as critique
- cite specific evidence when offering oral or written interpretations of text
- employ technology thoughtfully
- actively seek to understand other perspectives and cultures
7150 Portola Drive
El Cerrito, CA 94530
Phone: 510-307-7864Christi Roscigno
Director of English Learner Achievement and Literacychristi.firstname.lastname@example.orgKate GliksmanProgram Assistant-Central Literacy Coachkgliksman@wccusd.netEmily HillLiteracy and Humanities Coordinatoremily.email@example.comNancy AlgoodAdministrative Techniciannalgood@wccusd.net