A critical component of our collaborative work this year is the implementation of a strategic planning process that leads to a powerful vision, mission, and graduate profile that guides our transformational goals towards achieving equity for our students. We began the year with an equity assessment that provided key findings and recommendations that will help us examine the distance between our current reality and the ideal state that will emerge from our planning process.
Strategic Planning Preliminary Survey Results
This data is as of July 2022:
- 659 of the 1580 respondents answered our survey questions for feedback on the Vision, Mission, and Graduate Profile skills.
- 8.2% of respondents were Spanish Speaking
- Most Favored Vision Statement thus far: "Empowering learners to choose their unique pathway"
- Most Favored Mission Statement thus far: "To empower students with the skills necessary to choose their own paths and passions with courage and confidence"
- Top 4 Ranked Graduate Profile skills:
- Healthy Mind & Body
- Innovative & Critical Thinkers
- Skilled Communicators & Collaborators
- Responsible Citizens
Vision, Mission, Graduate Profile Community Survey
This spring, the WCCUSD community met over several months to envision our future and rewrite our Vision and Mission statements as well as the Graduate Profile. Please weigh in on the following community-created choices. This feedback will go to the Board of Education for review and adoption.
Take the survey here: https://bit.ly/WCCvision22
As an important member of our school community, you are being invited to join the Guiding Coalition that will participate in the design work that will take the West Contra Costa Unified School District into the future. Our Guiding Coalition will be comprised of leaders in education and the community who bring innovative ideas and challenge the status quo.
As a part of the Guiding Coalition, you will think and create a vision and plan for the West Contra Costa Unified School District’s future. This work will take place over three meetings throughout the spring. You will choose a series of meetings that are aligned to the high school clusters below. Each meeting will be critically important to the process and will rely heavily on your engagement and input.
CLICK HERE TO RSVP | HAGA CLIC AQUÍ PARA CONFIRMAR ASISTENCIA
What's your contribution, cause or higher calling for education in WCCUSD? Here is what people from across the district had to say. Make your voice heard and add in yours here, too!
Guiding Coalition Strategic Planning Meetings
Stephanie Medley, Ryse
Tameka McGlawn, UC Berkeley
Antoinette Henry-Evans, Council of Elders
Maria Resendiz, Teamsters
Tia Robinson-Cooper, CCC
Chyanne M. Tanner, AASAT
Willie Robinson, NAACP
Kenneth Ryan, Adult-Ed Rep
Jose DeLeon, WCCAA
Angelica Flores, Student Board Trustee
Wendy Pangelina, SSA
Christy Lam, WCCUSD Parent
Helen King, UTR Rep
Trayectoria educacional del estudiante de WCCUSD
Virtual Meeting Options
The following meeting dates will have a virtual option available: (You will receive an attendance Zoom link upon RSVP)
- Meeting 1: April 25 | Meeting Recording
- Meeting 2: May 12 | Meeting Recording
- Meeting 3: June 1 (Postponed due to low attendance)
- Meeting 3: June 14
- All meetings are two hours: 5:30-7:30 pm
- Food/drink will be provided (in person).
- Translation/interpretation will be provided.
- Childcare will be provided (in person).