The following procedure must be adhered to when a school site or department decides to sample a particular product with the possible intention of keeping and purchasing that product.1. Questions To Ask The Vendor Prior To Sampling Their Product:
2. Vendors Must Understand The Following:
- What is the length of time for sampling the product with no commitment to purchase the product?
- Are there any discounts for sampling their product?
- Are there any costs in sampling their product? (Example: Cost of returning unaccepted products)
3. Steps To Follow For Site / Department:
- While the site/department is sampling a product, the District will assume no liability for product that is damaged by means beyond the District's control.
- The district is not responsible for the payment of invoices for products that have only been sampled with no authorization to purchase.
4. THE SAMPLING OF PRINTER TONER AND COPIER TONER IS PROHIBITED.THE DISTRICT ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR SAMPLED PRODUCTS THAT ARE KEPT BY A SITE / DEPARTMENT UNTIL THE PURCHASING DEPARTMENT ISSUES A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAMPLED AND ACCEPTED PRODUCTS.
- Determine if there is a time period for sampling a product, and document the day you started to sample their product.
- If your site or department wishes to purchase the sampled product, input a purchase requisition into MUNIS for approval prior to the end of the sampling period.
- All requisitions must indicate that the product(s) have been sampled and the site/department wishes to keep and purchase them. Indicate on the requisition that you have the product in your possession to avoid possible duplication. Forward any supporting documents from the vendor to the Purchasing Department.