_______________________________________________________________________________________________________DIRECT SERVICE CONTRACTS:
Please add the consultant and funding information to the 2020-21 community partner master contracts google sheet
- A proposal will be sent out to start the process
- Once the proposal has been approved, a master contract will be sent out
- Once the master contract has been approved, an exhibit b will be sent out
- A requisition will be created using the funding designated on the master contract google sheet
NON DIRECT SERVICE CONTRACTS:
- Complete the 20-21 non direct services - agreement packet version 2 in informed k12
- Create a Munis requisition
CALCULATED PER COMPANY FOR THE FISCAL YEAR, NOT PER CONTRACT
- $50,000 Categorical Funding
- $25,000 Unrestricted General Fund and LCAP
A consultant is a person, company or corporation who is not an employee of the District and is not entitled to any rights, benefits or protections, which accrue to employees of the District. A consultant is an independent contractor who is hired to provide services for the District for a specific period of time. The authority/approval to hire a consultant is a combination District signature approval process and a Governing Board function. Accordingly, no District staff may authorize a consultant to begin work until all of the paperwork has been completed and appropriately approved.
» NOTE: Allowing a consultant to provide services prior to proper approval and issuance of a purchase order constitutes an unauthorized purchase for which the requesting originator and/or principal/department head will be held personally liable (Board Policy 3310).
Forms Required for Non-Direct Services
- Munis Requisition
- 20-21 Non-Direct Services – Agreement packet version 2 (available in Informed K12)
PROCESS FOR CONSULTANT APPROVAL FOR NON-DIRECT SERVICES
Submit forms through Informed K12 at least six weeks prior to the date services are required. Forms must be completed in Informed K12.
Follow the instructions in the Munis manual on how to create a contract requisition.
- Start Date: contracts will not be processed if they are backdated for after the fact services.
- End Date: contracts must end by June 30th of the current year.
- Description: Should be it least 1 paragraph and must match the purpose on the Consultant Services Summary.
Non Direct Services - Agreement Packet, step by step instructions:
Consultant Services Summary: (First 3 pages) Complete all sections including annual measurable outcomes.
Independent Contractor Agreement for Special Services
- Date: Enter the date the form is being completed
- This Agreement, by and between: Enter the company name or individual name of the contractor here.
- Services: Enter the information entered in the Description of Services on the summary or if you need more space enter the information on the exhibit A. (Last page of the document).
- Price and Payment: Enter the amount in the appropriate section
- Agreement Time: Enter the start and end dates, enter the same date in both fields if the services are for one day.
- Notice: Enter your school or site information on the district side.
- Fingerprinting:If this consultant will be unsupervised around students they need to be fingerprinted. Select the first box and attach fingerprinting varification. If they will be supervised at all times check the second box and enter the name of the district representative (usually the principal) and have them initial.
- TB Screening: Check the first box if they have TB clearance on file or check the second box if the consultant will not work directly with students on more thaan an occasional basis. Principal needs to initial.
- Insurance: Insurance can be waived if the consultant will be supervised at all times or will not have contact with students. Principal / Site Director must initial if waived.
- Signature Page: Complete the district section and have the Principal / Site Directos sign.
Submitting the Document (Initiator):
- Click on the Red rectangle and select "Send to Next Approver":
- Pop-up question asking "Are you a Principal / Director completing this form?"
- Answer No: To send to the Principal or Director so they can initial and sign
- Answer Yes: To send directly to the Consultant
Submitting the Document (Principal or Director)
- Click on the Red rectangle and select "Send to Next Approver":
- Pop-up question asking "Who does this form need to be sent to next?"
- Secretary / Office Manager: Select this option to send to your Secretary / Office Manager so that they can send to the consultant for you.
- Consultant: Select this option to enter the consultant email yourself.
» Under limited circumstances, when a consultant's contract is used in lieu of the District's Agreement for Special Contract Services the contract will be subject to review and modification by District's Legal Counsel and must be submitted to purchasing for review before any agreements are made.
Don’t forget to Attach an unsigned PDF of the Non-Direct Services - Agreement Packet and any attachments to your Munis requisition.
Purchasing will generate the purchase order after the Informed K12 agreement and Munis requisition has been approved.
CONSULTANT SERVICES COSTING $50,000 AND ABOVE
Consultants whose services total $50,000 and above for categorical funding must be approved by the Board of Education. Board limit for Unrestricted and LCAP funds is $25,000.
It is imperative that the consultant services approval package be submitted to Purchasing at least six weeks prior to the service date to ensure sufficient time to complete the approval process. The printing deadline for board agenda items is two (2) weeks prior to the date of the board meeting. If all signed contract paperwork and the fully approved Munis requisition are not to purchasing by the printing deadline, your request cannot even be considered for approval until the next scheduled board meeting. Board meetings are scheduled on the first and third Wednesdays of the month.
CONSULTANT SERVICES COSTING UP TO $50,000
It is imperative that the Non-Direct Services - Agreement Packet be submitted in Informed K12 at least six weeks prior to the service date to ensure sufficient time to complete the approval process.
PAYMENT TO CONSULTANTS
Consultants should not be paid in advance. Please advise the consultant that the District will make the payment after the service has been provided, unless prior approval has been obtained for partial prepayment of services (please indicate any payment arrangements on the Agreement for Special Contract Services document). In those instances when the consultant will provide the service only if payment is made immediately after the service is performed, the originator must obtain a Pro Forma invoice from the consultant and attach the Pro Forma invoice to the consultant services requisition, indicating on the form the date required for payment. The Accounting Department will release a warrant to you, made payable to the consultant, for payment upon the completion of the services rendered.
» Payments made in excess of $1,500 to California nonresidents, including corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships that do not have a permanent place of business in this state are subject to 7% state income tax withholding (California Revenue and Taxation Code Section 18662). Tax exempt organizations, under either California or federal law are exempt from 7% withholding.
The Accounting Department is responsible for making payments to the consultant only after they have received;
- An invoice for services rendered, referencing the purchase order number which authorized the service (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The invoice to be paid has been approved.
(The consultant cannot be paid without these two items.)
CHANGES TO CONSULTANT SERVICES REQUEST
- Create a Change order in Munis using the instructions on page 54 of the Munis Manual.
- Submit anAmendment to Special Contract Services.
- Board Approval will be required if the Consultant has reached the board limit through this or other contracts with the school district.
TERMINATION OF SPECIAL CONTRACT SERVICES
If a contract needs to be terminated, use this form: Termination of Special Contract Services
QUESTIONS: Contact Mary Kitchen at (510) 231-1192 or email@example.com