The resources on this site are provided to enhance and support instruction aligned with the California Literacy Standards. The Common Core State Standards Initiative offers a portrait of the capacities students need in order to be College and Career Ready (CCR) in reading, writing, speaking and listening.
Our goal is to enable students to become articulate speakers, responsive listeners, skillful readers and writers, and resourceful problem solvers who are prepared to be contributing members of our democratic society.
These CCR competencies inform our goal that all WCCUSD students will:
● demonstrate independence and strong content knowledge in History/Social Science
● adapt their communication style to audience and purpose
● are discerning readers, writers, and listeners
● comprehend as well as critique
● cite specific evidence when offering oral or written interpretations of text
● employ technology thoughtfully, and
● actively seek to understand other perspectives and cultures
CDE History-Social Science Updates: