EC1 - Travel Conference Expense Claim Form (Informed K12 Document)
Use this form when you are traveling to a conference/workshop and you are requesting reimbursement for mileage, bridge toll, meals and any other travel-related expenses. Use this form even if your conference is for one day only. This is for travel Out-of-District and Out-of-State.
First Day of Travel
Last Day of Travel
||At or prior to 6 a.m.
||At or after 9 a.m.
||At or prior to 11 a.m.
||At or after 11 a.m.
||At or prior to 4 p.m.
||At or after 7 p.m.
EC1 Instructions for Employees
When to use this form:
Use this form if you travel to a conference/workshop and you are requesting reimbursement for meals, mileage, bridge toll and other travel related expenses. Use this form even if your conference is for one day only.
Supporting documents needed:
- Application to Attend an Educational Event. The approved form must be attached.
- Enter the reimbursement PO# at the top of the form. A Purchase Order is required to secure funding for all travel, conference, workshops, and related expenses.
- Provide documentation showing whether meals are included with registration of conference/workshop
- For meals purchased for a group of District Employees: provide itemized receipt(s) attached to an 8-1/2”x11” piece of paper with names of attendees beside items and a copy of your paid receipt. Note: Alcohol is not reimbursable.
- A Google map only showing driving instructions for your mileage claim. Please be aware that if mileage is claimed for personal car, gas cannot be claimed at the same time.
- Proof of payment-Original (scanned) itemized receipt is required. The receipt must show “paid” or “zero balance due”. For example: a hotel receipt at desk check-out will always show itemized detail with a “zero balance due” or “paid” versus an Express check-out receipt left under the hotel door (usually a summarized version and sometimes showing “a balance due”.
- Original Receipts: Retain your original receipts for 3 years in case of an audit.
- Approval from your supervisor:
For all travel: Your Supervisor must sign.
Out of state travel: The Superintendent’s approval is required.
Categorical Funds: Fund manager’s approval is required.
- When to submit: Please submit your claim as soon as possible, within 15 days of the completion of travel. Failure to file a claim for reimbursement in a timely manner could result in a rejection of the claim. Reimbursement will not be approved or processed for expenses incurred in a prior fiscal year once that year has closed. Please see Board Policy and Admin Regulation 3350.
- Where to submit: Please submit your Claim Form electronically via Informed K-12 along with scanned original receipts, registration and any additional required backup information to your supervisor for workflow approval.
- When to expect payment: Payment should be issued within 30 days provided sufficient supporting documents are attached. If documents are missing it may take longer for payment to be issued.