HOW TO BECOME CLASSIFIED SUBSTITUTE IN WCCUSD
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Classified Substitute with the West Contra Costa Unified School District. Please see the sequence of our process below. If you have further questions, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply on www.edjoin.org for your desired position.
- The hiring process involves the following:
- Required documents in place (view the listed above).
- Current Guard Card
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification
- Sealed, unopened official transcript(s)
- Additional testing for the position
- A resume. Reply to this email with a PDF attachment of your resume.
- 3 PROFESSIONAL references with their EMAILS. Reply to this email with their information.
- Depending on the position you're applying for, additional documentation may be required:
- An interview - AFTER you have met the initial prerequisites.
- LIVESCAN fingerprint clearance - your fingerprints will be taken after the interview with approval. You will need to provide two forms of ID to take your fingerprints: a valid US government-issued ID with your photo and Social Security Card or a valid US Passport. Copies of required identification will not be accepted.
- A current TB test or Chest X-Ray dated within one year of the interview's date.
- After all the requirements are met, you will be given the hiring packet to complete and return to us. You will NOT receive New Hire Orientation information until all criteria have been met, INCLUDING your finalized hiring packet.
- Final Step: New Hire Orientation (NHO). You will receive an email with important directions for completing New Hire Orientation. At this time, NHO is completed through self-paced instructional videos. You will be paid the current substitute rate for completing them.
You cannot work or be placed on Payroll until all employment steps have been completed.
Thank you for your interest in working with WCCUSD, and we look forward to working with you.