Covid Testing Procedures
The safety and health of students and staff is our top priority. During the COVID-19 pandemic, getting the vaccine and weekly testing for staff and students is key in helping to slow the spread of the virus.
We have partnered with Laboratory Services of America (LSA) for our weekly COVID-19 testing. LSA will administer weekly rapid COVID-19 tests to students and staff. LSA will require everyone to complete a new ONE-TIME REGISTRATION PROCESS that can be done on a laptop, computer or mobile device. Once you have registered, students and staff will only provide their name and date of birth to receive a test on test day. The change to LSA will also help to improve and enhance our contact tracing process. We currently have a contact tracing team of LVN’s that works with school sites and Contra Costa County Health Services on confirmed positive cases. All confirmed positive cases are also reported to county health.
GVP Setup Instructions for Covid Testing
Walk-in Testing How-to
COVID-19 Test Insurance: Have you Received a Bill?
We have been hearing from families that they are being billed by their insurance for COVID-19 tests at schools conducted by our school site testing partner, Laboratory Services of America (LSA). Families will not receive a bill from LSA, and they should not be receiving a charge from their insurer.
LSA UPDATE 10/04/21
If you signed up for an appointment on:
- First time signing: you are required to schedule a test to ensure that you complete all of the information and sign the updated consent form.
- Prior to 9/26/21: you are required to schedule one more test to ensure that you complete all of the information and sign the updated consent form.
- 9/26/21 or after: you have signed the new consent form and will not be required to schedule appointments for weekly testing moving forward.
Testing Days: Staff will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on testing days to help families with GVP sign-up assitance.
LSA Information Session: LSA is hosting zoom sessions to walk through the sign-up process and to answer any questions.
- October 5, 2021 (Tuesday) @ 5:30 p.m.
- October 7, 2021 (Thursday) @ 5:30 p.m.
- October 9, 2021 (Saturday) @ 9:00 a.m.
- October 12, 2021 (Tuesday) @ 5:30 p.m.
- October 14, 2021 (Thursday) @5:30 p.m.
- October 16, 2021 (Saturday) @ 9:00 a.m.
Please join us via zoom by using this link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/
2849220915?pwd= UURucTNVdWVxYUVveWU1KzYvQWV1QT 09
Covid Testing Instructions Listed by School
The instructions are listed by school, as each school’s registration link and QR code is unique. Please register your student as soon as you can. Once you have registered, students and staff will only provide their name and date of birth to receive a test on test day. During the registration process, if you are unable to provide a social security number, enter 000-00-0000 into the SSN line to move to the next step.