Welcome to the Information Technology Academy (ITA)!
The Information Technology Academy is a small learning community within De Anza High School. We invite intellectually curious learners to study digital arts, coding, robotics, video production, and web design with teachers who believe in preparing students to think critically about technology and its impact on society. .
The Technology Academy will provide students with an academically rigorous, project-based program that will educate, expose, and prepare students for college and career.
Academy Course Sequence
- 10th: Beauty and Joy of Computing: an introductory course for all Sophomores
Juniors choose an area of focus through Digital Arts or Computer Science
- 11th: Digital Arts Designs the Web: a concentrator course
- 12th: Web Page Design 1 and Web Page Design 2: a capstone course
- 11th Computer Science: a concentrator course
- 12thComputer Science Advanced: a capstone course
Rachel Riddick: English 2, CSU English 4
Danylle Miller, Academy Lead: Digital Arts and Web Design
Carlo Lacsina: Computer Science and Computer Science Advanced
Lawrence Williams: US History, World History, American Government, Economics
Austin Meyers: English 3, AP English Literature, Creative Writing