Highlights of De Anza High School
De Anza High School offers a strong college and career preparatory program supported by expansive electives and school-sponsored clubs, athletic, and international travel opportunities.
California Gold Medal School
California Gold Ribbon was awarded to De Anza in 2015 for its collaborative model. This award honors outstanding California public schools that demonstrate exemplary achievements in improving student outcomes.
De Anza students and teachers achieve in many areas:
- California Choral Directors Association All-State Honor Choir. 6 De Anza choir singers have been admitted into the All State Honor Choir. Spring 2022.
- MESA Day Preliminary Competition awarded two First Place ribbons for "Wright Turn Glider" projects March 2020.
- The first Annual Latino Graduation for De Anza Students was organized by the Latino Student Union in 2018.
- The first Annual Black Graduation in WCCUSD showcased the accomplishments of 50 De Anza students in 2018.
- Distinguished Unit With Merit was awarded to our AFJROTC in 2016, 2017, and 2018. This award is given to less than 5% of the AFJROTC 880 programs worldwide.
- EdFund’s Financial Aid Cup was presented to De Anza in the Spring of 2018 for having more students apply for financial aid before the priority deadline than any other school.
- Two Lesher Awards for Journalistic Writing went to our journalism class for their creation of the De Anza Times school newspaper in 2018.
- EdFund Teaching Excellence Award went to our English teacher, Liz Sanders, in 2018.
- EdFund Teaching Excellence Award went to our World Language teacher, Paula Raj, in 2016. She went on to win Contra Costa County Teacher of the Year and place as a semi-finalist for the 2018 CA TOY.
Vision and Mission
De Anza is a rigorous educational environment in which all students achieve academic and personal success as they become lifelong learners and productive citizens.
De Anza provides quality teaching, a caring and safe environment, promotes learning, prepares all students for graduation and the career path of their choice
OUR EXPECTED SCHOOL-WIDE LEARNING OUTCOMES (ESLRs)De Anza students will:
THINK: Critically and Creatively
COMMUNICATE: Effectively and Respectfully
CONTRIBUTE: Locally and Globally
California School Dashboard