- EAOP Students: there is a mandatory meeting this thursday during 5th period for all grade levels. See Ms. Myrtha for more information and a pass.
- The Financial Aid Season Scavenger Hunt starts today. Pick up a scavenger hunt sheet from the college and career center, fill it out completely, and turn it in to Ms. Myrtha to be entered into a raffle for a gift card!!
- REMINDER: You must have a pass from a teacher or a note from your college adviser to be in the college and career center. Anyone without a pass will be asked to go back to class.
- Seniors and Juniors interested in attending the CCC & HBCU Caravan on Feb 6th, please go sign up with your counselor. Limited spots are available!
- The Latina Youth Leadership Conference is a one day conference at UC Berkeley happening on March 9th. Registration is open to 9th and 10th grade Latina youth interested in learning more about college and the realities of being a woman of color on campus. Please see Ms. Saechao for more information.
- Seniors interested in applying to Contra Costa College next Fall, come to the application support on Feb 14. Get support with the enrollment process and priority registration. See your counselors to sign up!
- Financial Aid Season is here: Seniors, please talk to your advocacy teacher or your college advisor to get support in completing your FAFSA or California Dream Act Application. Remember to bring your laptop to advocacy this semester!
- All SENIORS AND JUNIOR GIRLS interested in Mills College, see Ms. Myrtha to learn more about a field Trip to the college on Feb 9th.
- De Anza's Talent show is right around the corner! Do you have a talent you want to share with the world? Do you Sing, dance, yo-yo, or more? then try out for the talent show. Auditions are January 31st at 4:00 in the theatre.
- Want to show off your best Lip Sync skills at the Color War Rally in February ? Participate in our 1st Lip Sync battle by signing up at lunch in the Quad.
- Are you a college bound student? Are you interested in playing a sport where you don’t have to run, lift weights? Are you looking for more extra curricular activities for your college applications, are you interested in meeting new people and making new friends? Consider playing Boys Golf: the sport of kings. It’s a spring sport. Friday’s are off, transportation and equipment provided, no experience necessary, just a sincere interest and level of commitment. If interested see Mr. Smith in classroom 6-117 as soon as possible
- This Friday @7 PM is the boys basketball senior night at 7pm. Please come support our senior Dons.
These are only a few of our successes, but it seems more important now than ever to remind ourselves that our students and teachers are achieving every day. Our leadership class has decided to dedicate next weeks spirit week to the idea of community. It is our goal to continue to grow and learn as a community - and to make sure that our school is a place where every student feels accepted and included.
For the third consecutive year, four District high schools qualified for the NCS's postseason tournament with De Anza, El Cerrito, Kennedy, and Pinole Valley high schools all earning a berth.
De Anza High School Football coach Tyree Reed named the Oakland Raiders High School Football Coach of the Week after a 22-7 win over Encinal
The start of the 2018-19 school year is less than three weeks away. Here are some important dates to remember.