Student Work PermitsPlease consider the following information when applying for a work permit:
- You must apply in person. If the hours of operation cause a hardship, please contact the office to schedule an appointment.
- When school is in session, you must bring a current school transcript. Please contact your school of attendance for information on obtaining a copy of your transcript.
- Your GPA must be 1.6 or above. If your GPA is lower than the required, you will not be issued a work permit.
- You must bring the following documentation:
- Completed application: Statement of Intent to Employ a Minor and Request for Work Permit Application
- Minors Information ( Including Social Security Number)
- Employer’s Information
- Parent or legal guardian’s signature for approval to work.
- One of the following: California Driver's License, California Identification Card, School ID, or Birth Certificate
YOU CAN OBTAIN A WORK PERMIT FROM THE WORK PERMIT OFFICE LOCATED AT:
College and Career Readiness Department Office LocationCollege and Career Readiness Department2465 Dolan WaySan Pablo, CA 94806 Office Hours: After hours by appointment only Monday - Thursday
9:00am - 3:30pm
Contact Information (510) 307-4680
ALL STUDENTS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 THAT HAVE NOT COMPLETED HIGH SCHOOL MUST HAVE A VALID WORK PERMIT ISSUED YEARLY.