Hercules High School Vision, Mission and Expected Student Learning Results
|Diverse 21st century scholars and leaders, with integrity and academic excellence.
|All students will
successfully demonstrate academic excellence in common core disciplines
that enable them to be meaningful and responsible contributors to local,
national and global communities.
Student Learner Outcome (SLO)
Student Learner Outcome represents the most essential things that students should know and be able to do by the time they graduate. Each SLO represents not only what students should know, but how they approach learning, and how they relate acquired knowledge to the world around them. Each SLO is embedded in all courses and provides a focus and continuity for the students learning experience.
Graduates from Hercules High School will be:
- 1. Critical Thinkers who:
- 1.1 have mastered fundamentals of language, history, math, science, foreign language, and the arts, and use them effectively to enrich their daily lives
- 1.2 demonstrate the ability to collect, analyze, and organize resources and information
- 1.3 effectively evaluate and analyze data from multiple sources to develop solutions to problems
- 1.4 use logical decision-making processes
1.5 demonstrate the ability to apply decisions or solutions to future situations by making predictions, connections, and/or recommendations
- 2. Effective Engaged Communicators who:
- 2.1 organize thoughts and emotions, and express them in oral, written and artistic forms
- 2.2 listen to, comprehend, and process information
- 2.3 understand and follow directions
- 2.4 read, write, speak, and listen analytically, thoughtfully, and reflectively.
- 2.5 use technology thoughtfully, critically, and appropriately as a tool of communication (e.g. correspondence, display of information, expression of ideas, creative self-expression).
2.6 explore, develop, and demonstrate creative expression in a variety of forms.
- 3. Responsible Citizens who:
- 3.1 adopt and value ethical principles and attitudes (e.g. honesty, integrity, responsibility, compassion) and apply them to their daily lives
- 3.2 recognize and value their responsibility to society and make positive contributions to their community (e.g. register to vote, care for the environment, drive responsibly, volunteer)
- 3.3 respect cultural, physical, economic, intellectual, age, gender, religious and sexual diversity
- 3.4 understand history, government, economics, legal systems and art forms from our own and other countries.
- 3.5 participate in community, social, civic, cultural, and philanthropic services