SAF - Student Activities Fund
Founded in 1999.
Serving El Cerrito High School Students for 20 years.
El Cerrito Student Activities Fund (SAF) is the nonprofit 501(c)(3) (Tax ID# 91-1935426) that supports enrichment programs for the students enrolled at El Cerrito High School. The SAF helps to provide student club leaders, teachers, and staff with the monetary resources they need to fund academic, extracurricular, athletic, graduation, and other school-related activities.
We fund and sponsor numerous school groups, called Sponsored Group Committees (SGC’s), so that they can fundraise and operate under our umbrella. We also hold and administer funds for smaller groups and groups that operate seasonally (senior scholarships). We provide insurance to these groups, and process all tax and paperwork required by various state and federal agencies.
Our Sponsored Group Committees are:
Archiving Project, Alumni & Scholarship Fund, Boys’ Baseball, Boys’ Soccer, Speech & Debate, Girls’ Soccer, El Cerrito Music, Grad Night, Investing in Academic Excellence, James Morehouse Project, Mountain Biking, Girls’ Softball and Girls’ Volleyball.
We also administer monetary grants to anyone in the ECHS community for a variety of projects. Recent grants include:
- Restorative Justice and Mindfulness training to improve ECHS culture and climate.
- KECG Public Radio, one of only a few hundred high school radio stations in the entire U.S.A.
- Educational travel for the English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC) youth group.
- Equipment needs for the mountain biking, volleyball, soccer and baseball teams.
- Launch of an a cappella choral group.
- Learning materials and tools for the Special Education program and several classrooms.
THE SAF BOARD
The SAF Board is composed of EHCS parents and community members. Parents are encouraged to join the board of SAF. We have numerous positions and welcome your skill sets and your ideas! Sponsored groups are required to send a committee member twice a year to receive information and give updates on group activities.
We raise funds through a yearly annual appeal and then distribute the funds to sports groups, academic needs and student groups through a grant process. Your donations matter, and make a difference in the programs and supports that we can offer at the school.
It’s easy to contribute in one of the following ways:
- Make out a check payable to ECHS SAF and mail to:
P.O. Box 2376
El Cerrito, CA 94530
- Drop off the check in an envelope in the mail office of El Cerrito High School at the front desk.
- Contribute online, donate via PayPal by clicking on this link. (email account: email@example.com)
Employer Matching Programs
If your employer has a matching program, please indicate “ECHS SAF” as the beneficiary. We’re hoping for donations of $75 or more, but donations of any amount are greatly appreciated. Please give what you can. Contributions are tax-deductible (EIN 91-1935426)
You can also support us with AmazonSmile
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support us every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, the same Prime benefits, the same vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.
How does it work?
- Log into AmazonSmile with your existing Amazon password.
- Choose “El Cerrito High School Student Activity Fund,” El Cerrito, CA as your charity.
- Shop as you normally would, and we collect .5% on eligible purchases.
- Look for the AmazonSmile Badge on purchases
- Consider installing the Amazon Assistant to your Chrome bar so that AmazonSmile is always a click away.
We announce meetings and grant application dates through the El Cerrito High School etree. The etree is the main communication channel at ECHS. It is free and open to all. Everyone is invited to listen in. Subscribe by emailing. Ask to be added the etree: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about SAF? You can contact us directly at: email@example.com.
SAF generally meets once a month in the school library. The best way to stay apprised of our business is to join us! All are welcome! Our meeting schedule is posted to the school calendar and is announced at the beginning of the year in the ECHS etree. Click on the link and ask to be added to the etree. Anyone can subscribe and is welcome to listen in on our communication stream.
The etree is the main communication channel at ECHS. You are highly advised to join it! It is free and open to all. Everyone is invited to listen in. Subscribe by emailing. Ask to be added the etree: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home of the 2019
California High School Speech Association
in Parliamentary Debate
El Cerrito Mountain Bike Team:
2019 First in NorCal League
2019 Second in California State
For SGC’s Required Paperwork and Forms
End-of-Year Paperwork Due September 30th
- Results of any Raffles Held - September 1 - August 31
- 2020-2021 Yearly Budget - Format of your Choice
- Return information to: email@example.com
- Subscribe to the Google Calendar to be notified of events