The Pinole Middle School Compact
It is our belief that student achievement will improve and/or accelerate as a result of our cooperative efforts to support this compact. A three-way partnership with one goal in mind, academic success, is the push behind this compact. It is vital that each person assume his or her responsibilies.
- Provide quality teaching and leadership
- Assign homework as stated in the District Basic Commitment
- Coordinate with other departments to make sure nightly assignment do not exceed time limits.
- Give corrective feedback on homework and classroom assignments
- Recognize that students are accountable for every assignment
- Check that homework has been completed and the planner has been signed by the parent/guardian
- Respect cultural, racial, and ethnic differences
- Attend parent conferences as scheduled
- Communicate with parents via telephone calls, planners, conferences as needed
- Inform parents of student’s progress every 5 weeks in the school mailers of “Progress Reports” and “Report Cards”.
- Respectfully and accurately inform parents of their child’s progress
- Provide a quiet place to do homework
- Set aside a specific time to do homework
- Look over and assist with homework assignments to check for understanding.
- Review and sign off (if required) in your son/daughter’s planner daily
- Sign and return all papers that require a parent’s or guardian’s signature
- Get your son or daughter to school on time
- Require regular school attendance
- Attend parent-teacher conferences
- Take a part in getting involved in the school environment (Volunteer, School Site Councils, PTSA, Open House, etc.)
- Maintain and foster high standards of academic achievement and positive behavior
- Call your son or daughter’s counselor to check on their progress
- If a parent has a concern, he or she will follow the proper school procedure to address their concern
- Modeling appropriate adult behavior at all times on campus
- Parents will monitor their son/daughter for appropriate school attire.
- Work hard to do my best in class and complete my homework
- Ask the teacher any questions about the homework
- Write the homework assignment down in my planner daily
- Return homework on time and if I am absent it is my responsibility to get the work I missed
- Comply with all school rules
- Have a positive attitude towards self, others, school, and learning
- Attend school regularly
- Respect the cultural differences or other students, their families, and staff
- Get to classes on time
- Work to resolve conflicts in positive, nonviolent ways.
- Respect the personal rights and property of others