A-G Courses:History (A) - 2 years requiredEnglish (B) - 4 years requiredMath (C) - 3 years requires, 4 years recommendedLabroratory Science (D) - 2 years required, 3 years recommendedPhysical Education - 2 year requiredLanguage Other Than English (E) -2 years required, 3 years recommendedVisual and Performing Arts (F) - 1 year requiredCollege Preporatory Elective (G) - 1 year required
How to figure out your GPA:
Each grade is worth points. Use this chart to figure out Now add the points together and divide by the
how many points you get for each grade: the number of grades. This is your GPA. Here is an example:
Grade Points Eng C 2
A 4 Math D 1
B 3 Science C 2
C 2 History B 3
D 1 PE A 4
F 0 Elective A 4
16 points divided by 6 grades = 2.6 GPA
How Important Are My Grades?
- As long as you earn a grade of D- or better, each class earns 5 credits per semester towards graduation. A grade of an F earns you no credits and requires that you repeat the class.
- A grade of a D will not qualify you for college admission. You must earn a grade of a C- or better in order to go to a 4 year college after high school.
- You must also earn a grade of a C- or above for BOTH semesters in all Math, Science, and Foreign languange classes in order to progress to the next level.
High School Credits
9th grade = 60 credits 10th grade = 120 credits 11th grade = 180 credits 12th grade = 240 credits
WCCUSD Graduation Requirements
- Social Science 40 credits
- English Language Arts 40 credits
- Mathematics 30 credits
- Life Science 10 credits
- Physical Science 10 credits
- Foreign Language 10 credits
- Visual or Performing Arts 10 credits
- Electives 55 credits
- P.E. 20 credits