Five sports in four different places, click above and find out where to be and when
8:00 AM First Day of School
8:00 AM - 3:15 PM First Regular Day of School (A period too!)
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM Cheer Practice
8:00 AM - 2:15 PM Collaboration Day Schedule
8:00 AM - 3:15 PM Locker and Parking Requests begin
12:15 PM - 1:00 PM Forensics Team meeting
12:15 PM - 1:00 PM Staff Choir Practice at lunch
4:00 PM - 10:00 PM Football Kicks Off--Spartans host Hayward
Welcome to PVHS--HOME OF THE SPARTANS!Inside Pinole Valley-August 19-23, 2019
Monday, August 19
- First Day of the New Pinole Valley High School
- Minimum Day Schedule—no A period today, school out at 1:40 p.m.
- Period 1/Advisory will provide your class schedules today
- Lunch in the cafeteria or outdoors today
- Tryouts for Girls JV Volleyball 3:30—5:00 in the gym, Varsity practice 5:15—7:15
- Tryouts for Girls Tennis 4:00—6:00 across the street
- Tryouts for Cross Country all levels 2:30—4:00 on the field
- Tryouts for Football 2:30—5:00 on the field
- Tryouts for Water Polo 4:00—6:00 at Contra Costa College pool, bring your swim suit
- Band practice on the field tonight
- Meet Coach Rynning, if you are interested (you are!) in playing boys basketball this winter, at the gym
- Tomorrow is a Regular Day Schedule with a Taco Dip for lunch!
Tuesday, August 20
- Regular Day of School. A period starts at 7:04 a.m. School out at 3:09
- Tutoring Begins next week in the Library after school
- Sports tryouts must have medical clearance.
- Cheer Practice today after school
- Cross country 4:00-5:30 now through Thursday
- Football now 3:30—6:00 now through Thursday
- Request to change forms submitted to counselors all this week
- Are you remembering to wear your ID every day? Consider yourself reminded.
Wednesday August 21
- Collaboration Day Schedule. School starts with A period and ends at 2:09 p.m.
- Breakfast served in the cafeteria daily with your ID and sometimes cash. Line closes at 8:00
- Sophomore Engineering Students, get college credit for your IED or POE class see Mr. Roberts or Ms. Johnson for details in D113
- Parking and lockers on their way. We know they are here now. You know what we mean.
- Go to the cashier as needed only before school and at lunch time. Spartan swag there too!
Thursday, August 22
- Return to Regular Day Schedule
- Scholarship announcements every day at the end of first period—Gates Scholarship details today
- Staff Choir first meeting today with Mr. Lim in the Choir Room A 206 at lunch
- Forensics begins today—Orientation right after school with Ms. Lamons in C203 (do this!)
- You are picking up after yourself, right? Love the new school smell! Tomorrow wear your BLUE and GOLD
- Cheer Practice 5:30-7:30 p.m. And the first performance on the new team is tomorrow night!
Friday, August 23
- We made it! Way to go, Week 1.
- Football Friday—Spartans host Hayward High. JV at 4:30 and Varsity at 7:00
- Cheer, Band, and Food!
- Blue and Gold Day
- Forensics, Speech and Debate second informational meeting at lunch in room C203
- Look for Club week starting next Monday and Video announcement Friday is coming soon.
- Go to Spartan Ink and see what news made the news this week!
- Non Discrimination Policies
- 504 Coordinator, Mr. Amar Nalic 510 231-1442 ext 11578 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pinole Valley High School’s vision is to become recognized as a California distinguished school. We will become a vital part of our community—a school that serves our city by sharing our work and talents while utilizing the city and its resources to best serve our students.
Pinole Valley High School strives to prepare its graduates to succeed in both the academic and professional worlds. Our high-quality, challenging academic programs enable students to develop the cognitive, emotional, social, and behavioral skills necessary to become both lifelong learners and engaged, responsible, respectful participants in our diverse local and global communities.