Virtual Academy Traffic Safety 4 Teens Campaign
DID YOU KNOW?
- Car crashes are the #1 cause of death for young people in America, and 75% of them DO NOT involve drugs or alcohol.
- The majority of fatal teen crashes involve reckless and distracted driving.
- We want to change the culture around teen driving practices.
- We would like to encourage our peers and our community to drive safely.
HOW WILL WE DO THIS?
- We have created our own graphics and launched a new Instagram account to get the word out.
- We are asking the community and our classmates to promote safer driving practices and to spread the word.
- Follow us and engage with us on Instagram @TrafficSafety4Teens
Traffic Safety 4 Teens Commitment
As the students of the Vista K12 Virtual Academy, we are committed to fighting this preventable health epidemic by creating and launching a strategic Distracted Driving Social Media Campaign
We are launching our campaign on Instagram @TrafficSafety4Teens during the week of October 28, 2021.
We, the students of the Vista Virtual Academy, feel that it is especially important to bring awareness to this important issue during the Halloween weekend when many young children will be out trick-or-treating in our community.
The campaign is part of the Create Real Impact Contest, hosted by the national nonprofit, Impact Teen Drivers (ITD) whose vision is to change the culture to one that is distraction-free. ITD works with champions of all ages and backgrounds—from students and teachers to doctors and first responders—to disseminate evidence-based tools and programming to empower good decision-making while driving or riding as a passenger.
Tips for Teens on Staying Safe while Driving
Facts about teen driving and tips on how to be a safe teen driver.
9th grade student, Vista K12 Virtual Academy
10th grade student, Vista K12 Virtual Academy