- Ms. Angela Johnson: Lead Teacher, CIM, CEA and Math, AP Computer Science
- Ms. Tiffany Hou : IED, POE and Physics(TBD)
- Mr. Doug Frew: AP Computer Science
Links for more information:
- Introduction to Engineering Design (IED)
- Students dig deep into the engineering design process, applying math, science, and engineering standards to hands-on projects.
- IED course outline
- Civil Engineering & Architecture (CEA)
- Students learn important aspects of building and site design and development.
- CEA course outline
- Principles of Engineering (POE)
- Through problems that engage and challenge, students explore a broad range of engineering topics, including mechanisms, the strength of structures and materials, and automation.
- POE course outline
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM)
- Students learn what it takes to develop an automated manufacturing facility.
- CIM course outline
- AP Computer Science
- IB Computer Science
- Engineering Essentials (ESS)
- IB Environmental Systems and Societies
The United States is losing its competitive edge in math and science while the rest of the world soars ahead. Our knowledge capital, which fuels innovation and economy growth, is at risk. This Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) crisis in America is the reason Pinole Valley High School’s Green Engineering Academy’s exist. Our mission is to afford interested students a rigorous interdisciplinary academic program using “Project lead the Way” courses that provide students with pathways to post-secondary education in the engineering/technical Industry. The mission is achieved through study trips to technology companies, colleges, engineering companies, industry speakers, and students’ participation in after school clubs like robotics, Science and Rocketry.
Note: All Engineering courses maybe taken as Honor courses.
 The stem crisis -https://www.nms.org/