WCCUSD CELEBRATES THE NATION’S OLDEST LIVING PARK RANGER’S 100TH BIRTHDAY WITH SCHOOL RENAMING UNVEILING
RICHMOND -- The West Contra Costa Unified School District will celebrate Betty Reid Soskin’s 100th birthday with an unveiling ceremony to officially rename one of its middle schools in honor of the nation’s oldest living National Park Ranger.
An in-person celebration for dignitaries, including Soskin, is set for 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 22, Soskin’s birthday, at the 56-year-old middle school located on the border of Richmond and Pinole.
WCCUSD will broadcast the ceremony live at 9:30 a.m. on Wednesday, September 22, via Facebook Live (@westcontracostaschools) for the public.
Due to Covid 19 concerns, the safety of our honorary guest, students, staff and sensitive groups, in-person guests must follow the following protocols:
- RSVP by Wednesday, September 15.
- Provide proof of vaccination or recent negative Covid test result.
- Guests can independently take either a PCR test within 72 hours of the event or an antigen test within 6 hours of the event and show these results upon arrival. The results must include full name, date of birth, date and location of testing provider, and the type of test administered
- Wear a properly fitted mask over your nose and mouth at all times.
- Maintain at least 3 ft distance from others
Members of the media interested in attending, please contact Raechelle Forrest, communications manager, at 510-231-1196 for further details and Covid-19 protocols.
- WHO: Betty Reid Soskin, nation’s oldest living National Park Ranger; Betty Reid Soskin Middle School Community
- WHAT: Renaming ceremony for Betty Reid Soskin Middle School
- WHEN: 9:30 a.m., Wednesday, Sep 22, 2021
- WHERE: Facebook Live (@westcontracostaschools) for public