Dear WCCUSD Community,
The Sunday before we returned from winter break, we successfully distributed over 15,000 in home testing kits to families through two school sites. It was an incredible experience that took patience, cooperation and teamwork.
Presidents’ week is February 21 - February 25 and the District will host seven testing centers on Saturday, February 26, 2022 and Sunday, February 27, 2022 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m for all students and staff to get tested before the return to school on Monday. Here are the testing sites:
- Alvarado School 5625 Sutter St. Richmond, 94804
- District Office 1108 Bissell Ave. Richmond, 94801
- El Cerrito High School 540 Ashbury Ave. El Cerrito, 94530
- Helms Middle School 2500 Road 20 San Pablo, 94806
- Ohlone Elementary School 201 Turquoise Dr. Hercules, 94547 (Testing site is located in the parking lot on Pheasant Drive)
- Pinole Valley High School 2900 Pinole Valley Rd. Pinole, 94564
- Richmond High School 1250 - 23rd St. Richmond, 94804
The sites are open to WCCUSD staff, students, parents, siblings, staff spouses and children ages 2 and older. If you have not registered, click here to register and schedule an antigen test. Everyone who tests must be registered in the LSA system.
Because of the winter break testing experience and your feedback, we are more prepared to support testing for students and staff. Opening more testing centers prior to the return to school will help to test more families, identify and slow the spread of COVID-19 in schools.
We highly recommend that everyone get tested within 72 hours prior to the return to school on Monday, February 28 through the seven testing centers or through your healthcare provider. Thank you for helping to keep WCCUSD safe and we hope that you take this time to enjoy your families.
Dr. Kenneth Chris Hurst