This is Principal Ryan Shaw calling with an important message.
Today at lunch a student had an allergic reaction to something they ate. The student came to the office immediately and our nurse administered an epi pen. Anytime an epi pen is administered, we are required to notify emergency responders.
The Hercules Fire Department and ambulance responded immediately to the school and the student was transported to a local hospital. We also immediately notified the student’s family.
We know that many students may have seen the ambulance on campus, and we wanted to assure everyone that this was an isolated event and not a larger concern.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at 510-231-1429.
Have a great break and we will see everyone on Monday, Feb. 24.