- Hercules High School
Class of 2020, Graduation Update
Posted by Paul Mansingh on 5/21/2020
May 19, 2020
To the Parents/Guardians of the Class of 2020
The last 9 weeks have definitely been a challenge with the unfortunate cancelling of all social gatherings. It is a loss that we will never truly be able to reclaim. I empathize with all of your family members on losing out the opportunity to enjoy the best of springtime senior memories. With that said, we do have an update on what the county will allow for graduation ceremonies. It is with great excitement and jubilation that I announce our graduation by appointment and the production of a graduation video that we hope to be published by June 6, 2020.
On Wednesday May 27th and Thursday May 28th, each graduating senior along with their direct household family (3 plus 1, total of 4) will be scheduled for a 3-5 minute block of time for individual filming/photo sessions. Seniors will need to report to the Titan Field, adjacent to the Field House at their specified time. Seniors should wear their cap and gown for this appointment. Each grad will be filmed walking up to a podium/presentation area, have their name announced, and receive their diploma cover. In addition, there will be a photographer to capture their graduation photo. Each family entrance and exit will be spaced out to not allow interaction with other family members. All video clips will be edited to create one video production of all graduates. The final video production of the graduation ceremony will keep with the original graduation date of June 6th, at 6pm and will be made available through various social media sites. This production will allow family, friends, graduates, across the world to share the moment through social media outlets in the privacy of their own homes while we all adhere to county social distancing guidelines.
- May 27th & 28th: Pre-Recording of Hercules High School Graduation Ceremony at scheduled times ONLY. Vehicles will enter through the middle brown gate, adjacent to the administrative building. Drive up towards the staff parking lot, take a right on the back service road towards the softball/baseball fields. Each vehicle will then take a right towards the Junior Parking lot and turn towards the Field house. Each car will park. The county will only allow the graduate to exit the car, all other family members must stay in their vehicles. A presentation table will be set up on the sidewalk outside of the field.
- County guidelines will only allow the student to exit the vehicle, no other family members will be allowed to exit their vehicles. We will have professional photographers present to capture the moment and will make them available to you.
In accordance with county health guidelines and WCCUSD guidelines, we can only have ONE senior per vehicle. PLEASE do NOT leave or get out of your car at any time during this time period. All individuals must have face masks on. All students must present their current school ID to receive their cap and gown.
- Print your FIRST and LAST NAME on an 8.5” x 11” Sheet of Paper and hold it up to your car window as this will make it easy for us to find your order
Diploma Pick Up
- Dates and Procedures to be determined
- We anticipate diplomas being available for pick up after June 22
Additional Photo/10 sec Video Clips
All seniors have been invited to join a google classroom. The files within the google classroom contain a graduation ceremony google slide show that students can upload their photos and videos. Each student may have two slides - one 10 sec video clip and one slide with grad portrait(s).
Video Criteria: 10 seconds of grad memory, profile, celebration, tossing of cap, imagery, appropriate, dignified, scholarly, respectable.
Photo Criteria: Full Cap and Gown Grad Photo by yourself or with your family. This must be completed by May 22nd. You can upload the images to the google slide or send directly to our professional videographer, Mark Lampkin (email@example.com). Reference Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony in all correspondence.
Caps and gowns must be worn to participate in the graduation ceremony. Gowns must be zipped closed and remain on at all times. Caps are to be worn on the top of the head, with the short point directed between the eyebrows. Tassels are to be worn over the RIGHT eye.
Students who miss their appointment or unable to attend:
- If a student does not attend their scheduled appointment, and is not filmed in their cap and gown, we will not be able to provide a picture and will not be able to film their announcement to be included in the ceremony. Instead, we will use their Senior picture from the yearbook with a voiceover of their name to make sure to include every student in the Presentation of Students portion of the ceremony.
- If a student is unable to make the physical appointment, they may submit a photo or video to the producer, so they can be added to the final production. Video clips and or photos would be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to May 23rd.
Thank You & Congratulations to the Class of 2020