- Hercules High School
Re Opening of Schools Bulletin - August 13
August 13, 2020
Greetings Hercules High School,
We have had two great days of material distribution. We have one make-up day scheduled for tomorrow, so if you have not picked up a schedule, dropped off your technology agreement or a copy of your medical form please do so tomorrow between 9am - 12pm.
Make up Material Distribution: Bell Schedule/Student Day:
- Friday, August 14th 9am - 12pm
All classes will start on August 17th. Students will NOT be allowed on campus or on any school facilities until we are 100% certain that the conditions in the community and schools are safe.
All students should have signed up for their grade level google classroom. This will be the main method of communication to all students. Parents, you can have your child invite you to the classroom as a guardian. This way you will also see the updates they receive.
Grade Level Google Classrooms: Bell Schedule/Student Day:
- Our Associated Student Body and Class Officers will be planning school wide activities, clubs/organization will be developed and all student to student communication wil take place in the grade level google classrooms.
- College Career/Academic Counselors will also be hosting special sessions to inform students about college readiness, academic counseling, and important school updates.
- 9th Grade Google Classroom Code: qd4wbb7
- 10th Grade Google Classroom Code: c5nai4p
- 11th Grade Google Classroom Code: fbaem5u
- 12th Grade Google Classroom Code: nww7sbd
Each child should have a district email address. They need to be monitoring that email daily. Teachers will be sending out invitations to each student on their roster on how to join their virtual classes.
Homeroom/Advisory: Bell Schedule/Student Day:
- Each student will be assigned a teacher for a Homeroom/Advisory period. Each homeroom/advisory period will be a live session. Students will need to show their faces on the camera as they log in and virtually check in with their teacher. Attendance will be taken daily through the Homeroom/Advisory period. Attendance is required, so please attend all homeroom
Online Registration Process:
Parents, please double check your contact information on PowerSchool. It is important that we have accurate phone numbers for each family. It is also beneficial if you add an email address to your account as well. If you need your parent powerschool login information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The bell schedule is posted in grade level google classrooms as well as on the Hercules High School Website, Reopening of Schools Bulletin.
Technology Assistance: Bell Schedule/Student Day:
If you need assistance with technology to support your student’s distance learning, contact Ms. Williams at email@example.com to set up an appointment to swap out your devices.
Student Expectations: Bell Schedule/Student Day:
Students, it is very important that you connect with each of your teachers throughout every day. ALL high school students are expected to:
- Log into courses daily through the digital platform (google/zoom)
- Complete and submit eLearning lessons and assignments as assigned
- Communicate with teachers daily as prescribed by individual teachers
- Spend a minimum of 2-3 hours per day on coursework for all classes
Please continue to visit the high school website and click on the Reopening of schools icon for up to date information on the details pertaining to distance learning bell schedule and daily assignments posted by individual teachers.
Hope you have a great evening, stay safe and protected.