- Lupine Hills Elementary School
I am honored and excited to join the Lupine Hills Elementary School community as your new principal. I hold a master’s degree in English with concentration in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, a doctorate degree in Educational Leadership, and eighteen years of educational experiences in the K-12 domain. As a Rotarian, I adhere to our motto of ‘SERVICE ABOVE SELF’ with a passion for volunteerism committing to a significant amount of my personal time to charitable works, giving back and making a difference. I am well travelled and speak several languages.
My core beliefs shape my educational philosophy and are as follows:
- ALL students need a champion to ensure their academic, physical, and emotional success.
- ALL students can be successful in rigorous coursework given enough time, effort, & support.
- ALL students need to be connected to school through sports, performing arts, STEAM, and/or clubs.
- ALL students need a safe environment to grow academically, physically, & socially.
- Demonstration of knowledge should include student relevant performance-based learning across the curriculum.
- Critical-thinking and problem solving skills are more important than memorization of random facts.
- Resources need to be managed both efficiently and effectively in order to benefit all students.
Having always put students’ needs at the very heart of every move both in my professional and personal life, my plan is to get to know the Lupine Hills Elementary School family: staff, faculty, students, parents and Hercules community. Every student deserves a quality education not by chance but by design and that only happens when the school and the families and surrounding community work together for the best interests of all children. With that in mind, I will be calling on you; so, we can best serve our children.
My main responsibility is to put our dedicated Lupine Hills teachers in the best possible position to succeed, as they will in turn put our children in the best possible position to be successful.
Together, we will help our students soar academically, socially, and physically to be global learners and innovators!
Go Wolves! OWOOOOO! Dr. Merza-Fillpot