- Kensington Elementary School
Free COVID-19 testing; New Family Enrollment; Athletics update for January 18, 2022
Dear WCCUSD Community:
I hope everyone in our community had a restful and reflective Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. We are happy to welcome back elementary school students and staff today, and are looking forward to our secondary schools being back in session tomorrow. I have a few items that I wanted to make sure that you are aware of.
Free At-Home COVID-19 Testing
Every home in the United States is eligible for four free at-home COVID-19 testing kits. To order a kit for your household today, visit https://www.covidtests.gov/. According to the site, COVID-19 tests will start shipping in late January.
New Family Enrollment Opens Today
Families who are new to our district and are looking to enroll for the 2022-2023 school year can do so starting today. This includes families registering for kindergarten and transitional kindergarten (transitional kindergarten students must turn 5 between September 2 and February 2, 2023). Please visit www.wccusd.net/newfamilyenrollment to find out more information and enroll.
Enroll today with an easy three-step process:
- Find your Neighborhood School. In the interactive SchoolSite Locator you will enter an address in the search box or browse through the map to find the schools of attendance!
- Register online. To do this, you will need an email account, a PowerSchools account (this is set up during online registration), and the required documents ready to upload or present in person to the school site. The following documents are required for registration at your school:
- Verification of residency (two documents)
- Age Verification: birth certificate or Baptismal record
- Immunization record
- Parent, guardian, or caregiver identification (one document)
- Documents required under special circumstances
- After submitting your complete online registration form, contact your resident school to make an appointment for in-person ID Verification and Confirmation. Registration is not complete until you have your in person appointment.
Update on Athletics
After a two-week hiatus, WCCUSD teams have resumed games and Tri-County Athletic League (TCAL) competition. However, as games return, the TCAL has adopted a temporary no spectator policy for all indoor sports. No spectators are allowed inside the contest facility for either the home school or the visiting school, with the minimal amount of game support staff allowed such as timers, scorekeepers and trainers. The TCAL informed us that this policy will be reviewed on or about February 1.
Dr. Kenneth Chris Hurst