Kindergarten/Transitional Kinder Registration Now Open
Welcome to the West Contra Costa Unified School District family. This is an exciting time for you and your student, and we are glad you are joining us. All 37 elementary schools in WCCUSD offer full day kindergarten and 17 of our schools offer transitional kindergarten.
Online registration is the District's new online registering system. It replaces the paper registration packets, saving you valuable time. Online registration can be done from anywhere where there is internet availability. It allows you to scan and upload the required documents. If you need support, you may come into the school to use computers and get support.
- Find your neighborhood school
- Register online. You will need:
- Email account
- PowerSchools Account (This created during online registration) The Register Now Link at the top of the page will be live at 9 am Monday, Jan. 14
- Required documents ready to upload
- Make an appointment for an in-person ID verification and confirmation with your resident school
DOCUMENTATION & RECORDS
The following documents ARE REQUIRED FOR REGISTRATION at your school:
- Verification of residency (two documents)
- Age verification: birth certificate or Baptismal record
- Immunization record
- Parent, guardian or caregiver identification (one document)
- Documents required under special circumstances
STUDENT PLACEMENT IS ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS UPON SUBMITTING A COMPLETE
Kindergarten children must be five-years-old on or before September 1, 2019, to be eligible.
Families who wish to enroll their child in Transitional Kindergarten online can do so by selecting 'K' or 'Kinder' in the online application. View the TK school chart to find your school of residence. Transitional Kindergarten students must turn 5 between September 2 and December 2, 2019.
For more information, please contact your school of residence or the Transfer Office at (510) 307-4535.