Come by room 307 and speak with Mr. Owens if you're interested in joining.
The purpose of the TUPE program is to reduce youth tobacco use by helping students make healthful tobacco-related decisions through tobacco-specific educational instruction and activities that build knowledge as well as social skills and youth development assets.
The Contra Costa County Office of Education provides technical assistance to school districts to develop and implement effective, comprehensive tobacco education programs. Training and technical assistance provided includes:
- Tobacco-free schools certification
- Annual county-wide TUPE Site Coordinator training
- California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS) administration and data sharing training
- Alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) curriculum trainings for teachers
- Grant writing support
- Quarterly district and community partner networking meetings
- Current research on adolescent ATOD use, as well as effective prevention and intervention strategies