Mobile Fab Lab
The Mobile Fab Lab is a collection of digital fabrication machines, similar to the main Fab Lab at Kennedy High School, housed in a 30-foot trailer, pulled by a pickup truck. Inside the trailer, machines can be powered using a (very loud) gas generator, or by running extension cords from a building. Alternately, each machine is modular, and can be rolled out of the trailer into a classroom, a multi-purpose room, or wherever they will be used.
Mobile Fab Lab machines include:
- 3D Printers
- Laser Cutters
- Vinyl Cutters
- Milling Machines
- Electronics Workbench
- CNC Router
If you are interested in reserving the Mobile Fab Lab for your classroom or event, here are some questions to consider:
- Where will the Mobile Lab be parked?
- What machines will you plan to use?
- Will you run power to the trailer, use the generator, or plug machines into the wall?
- To what classroom standards will the activities align?
- What support are you expecting from the Fab Lab staff?
- How will you and your staff direct or support the activities?
- What kind of training will you, your staff, or your students need in advance of the visit?
Please let us know if you have other questions, or if you are interested in reserving the Mobile Fab Lab:
- Alex Fleming, Fab Lab Manager: email@example.com
- Roxanna Molina, Office Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- John Iwawaki, STEM Instructional Specialist: email@example.com