School Site Councils
• Training handbook (English) (Español)
• Understanding school site councils (English) (Español)
• SSC Bylaws, state sample (English) (Español)
• WCCUSD-SPSA draft guide (English) (Español)
• SSC presentation (English) (Español)
• Categorical program acronyms and special terms (English) (Español)
Every school must have a School Site Council composed equally of school staff and parents or students. Members of the SSC are elected by their peers (e.g., teachers, classified employees, parents, and students). School staff membership must include a majority of neither classroom teachers nor at least one staff member who is neither the principal nor a teacher. The minimum number of SSC members for a middle or high school is twelve. At middle and high schools, students must constitute half of the parent and student membership and together must equal the total school staff membership. A community member may take the place of a parent if chosen by parents of students currently attending the school (Education Code Section 52852).