Kensington Hilltop Elementary School Website
Kensington Elementary is a cooperative partnership of educators, principal, staff, parents and community working together to create, improve and maintain a learning environment in which:
- All students and educators have the freedom, right and responsibility to learn and to help others in a safe, hazard-free environment.
- All students are challenged within a range of difficulty that allows them to be consistently successful.
- All students are encouraged to celebrate their own successes and the success of those around them.
- All students are shown how to develop a love of learning, curiosity about the world in which they live, and how to meet life's challenges.
- All students are prepared academically, socially and emotionally for middle school and beyond.
- All students can describe the importance of being able to connect the past, present and future by reflecting on their life experiences and applying what they have learned to the world around them.
- All students have the freedom to take risks in a safe and nurturing environment. Mistakes are seen as a source of knowledge, and are accepted as such.
- All students gain knowledge and appreciation of ethnic and cultural groups representative of the school and its larger community.
- All students express their individual interests and talents through artistic, musical, technological, athletic, social, dramatic and intellectual activities.
- All students demonstrate democratic values, ethics and principles in their daily activities and interactions.
- All parents are welcome in this school. Their positive involvement in their children's education is a crucial element of success. Parents are invaluable when they share their expertise with students and assist the classroom teacher.
- All students have the right to prompt and appropriate attention to illness or injury as well as the responsibility to maintain their personal well-being at all times through thoughtful consideration of their actions before they are taken.
- All students consciously strive to develop the internal qualities of fairness, integrity, honesty, human dignity, community service, and concern for excellence.
- All students have equal access to all programs regardless of source of funding. No student is tracked, and all students are assumed capable of learning everything anyone can learn given time and effort as major variables determining achievement.
All students experience happiness, friendship, fun, self-confidence, knowledge, skills and a deep sense of personal satisfaction as a result of the well being they enjoy during their years at Kensington Hilltop School.
Come visit us at our Website: http://www.kensingtonhilltop.org/